IT Leadership Council
“All of us are smarter than any of us.”
Where campus technology leaders will shape the future of IT at UChicago. Together.
The Information Technology Leadership Council (ITLC) fosters collaboration and facilitates delivery of services that meet the academic and administrative needs of the University. The ITLC provides a forum for UChicago IT leaders to plan and collaborate on initiatives to initiate policies, improve services, develop the workforce, and improve governance practices. The ITLC maintains connections to other IT and University governance bodies such as Provost IT Committee and the Board of Computing Activities and Services, to ensure its practices are aligned with and responsive to the needs of the research, instruction, and administrative communities.
In addition to topics such as IT security, licensing, desktop support and management, enterprise systems, and data centers and infrastructure, a top area of focus for the coming fiscal year will be the recommendations from IT Rationalization.
IT Leadership Council Values
Great service starts with understanding the needs of the community. ITLC is comprised of individuals from all corners of the University. All keenly focused on representing those needs to drive unmatched IT service and value.
UChicago was built around the free exchange of ideas. The ITLC honors this tradition through its emphasis on collaboration across unit and divisional lines, magnifying the value of IT to the academic community.
Innovation is at the core of our business because innovation drives the business forward. Our primary goal is to work together, support of the mission of the University, applying it to challenges, and creating solutions that drive efficiency.
Diversity of Voice
ITLC will not work without a diverse set of voices helping us to shape how we support the members of the UChicago community. It will take all of our experiences to transform IT at UChicago.
IT Leadership Council Members
- Val Archambeau*, IT Services
- Cornelia Bailey, IT Services
- Steven Bandyk, Physical Sciences Division
- Sarah Barr, Alumni Relations and Development
- Rick Blocker, The University of Chicago Urban Education Institute
- Knut Boehmer, Oriental Institute
- Kevin Boyd*, IT Services
- Roger Broms, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Mike Fary, IT Services
- Mark Fehlberg, Procurement and Payment Services
- Terry Fung, CBIS Administration
- Scott Genung, IT Services
- Bill Geraci, The Divinity School
- David Gulbransen*, The University of Chicago Law School
- Kim Gurinov, Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies
- Brian Hewlett, The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools
- Rick Kass, School of Social Service Administration
- Leilani Lauger, IT Services
- Elisabeth Long, The University of Chicago Library
- Plamen Martinov*, Biological Sciences Division
- Matt Meyer, IT Services
- Ellen-Marie Muhlbacher**, Alumni Relations and Development
- Ramesh Nair, Research Computing Center
- Patricia O’Shea, The University of Chicago Press
- Bevis Pardee, Harris School of Public Policy
- David Prudom, Department of Safety and Security
- Dipti Ranganathan, Biological Sciences Division
- Marcus Robinson*, IT Services
- Birali Runeesha, Research Computing Center
- Brian Schinker, IT Services
- Kelly Simmons*, Office of the University Registrar
- Bill Stauffer, IT Services
- Joe Stupar, The College
- Michael Wills, Division of the Humanities
- David Wolf*, Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts
* Denotes ITLC Board Member | ** Denotes ITLC Board Chair